FORUMS: list search recent posts

Troubleshooting Edirol UA-25 USB audio interface

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Valerie Hamilton
Troubleshooting Edirol UA-25 USB audio interface
on Apr 12, 2017 at 1:55:22 am

Hi Cows,
I dug my Edirol UA-25 out of the closet for a project and am having trouble getting it to work. My MacBook recognizes it just fine and I can play audio out from the computer--> the UA-25 and hear it in my headphones connected to the UA-25 headphone jack. But when I try to go the other way, mic-->UA-25-->computer, I get nothing via System Preferences/Sound or even in my headphones through direct monitoring.

I have tried switching out mics and cables, reloaded the newest driver, tried it on another computer, still nothing. Last time I used it (2 yrs ago?) it worked just fine. I have run through the troubleshooting in the owner's manual, no luck. I contacted Roland and they had me do a slightly different troubleshooting routine; it appears the sound is getting IN from the mic(peak indicator lights up when I test the mic) but for some reason not OUT to the computer. So what I'm trying to determine is, is there some kind of incompatibility with my computer setup, or is the little guy just dead?
Your ideas most welcome. Thanks for the help.
MacBook Air with OS 10.9.5
Edirol UA-25 connected to computer with USB A - USB B cable
Sennheiser MD-46 mic connected to UA-25 with XLR
UA-25 Driver Ver.1.0.1 for OS X 10.9

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]