FORUMS: list search recent posts

need assistance recovering wedding audio, asap!!!

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Himelrick
need assistance recovering wedding audio, asap!!!
on Mar 31, 2017 at 7:37:04 pm

. I'm a professional event videographer and recently I hired a "professional" to shoot a wedding for me. Disaster!!!....watching the footage she shot you would think it was the first wedding she ever shot. Anyway, I can mask most issues with the footage however there is a problem with the audio from the ceremony that I'm struggling with. It seems that she did not wear an earpiece to listen to the audio as most of it is extremely scratchy, some parts you can't hear hardly any audio, just noise. The wireless mics she used were junk, no back up recording devise used etc. I edit with Sony Movie Studio Suite 14 on a PC. Usually for my needs it works great. Is there any plug ins that can help that Im missing? I have never had this problem with such a severe level of noise because unlike her, I know what I'm doing. Sorry to vent but my reputation is on the line here as I'm known for quality. Are there any software, companies that if I sent them the audio track it could be restored?...thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: need assistance recovering wedding audio, asap!!!
on Apr 1, 2017 at 7:03:41 am

And you paid her for her services?
So if you have what has she learnt.... Hand up rubbish and still get paid full rate.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Apr 1, 2017 at 4:42:56 pm

Hello Dale and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

"Restore" presumes there was something to restore to. Sadly, that might nit be the case.

Can you post a wav file of the typically bad audio for us to hear? maybe a minute?

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Apr 1, 2017 at 9:03:20 pm

How well dd you know the background, experience , expertise, technical ability and quality standards of this "professional" when you hired her.

Like Ty suggests, can you post some audio with the problems?

Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Dale Himelrick
on Apr 2, 2017 at 5:06:36 pm

Thanks to everyone for the input. Ill try to post up an example to share with the group. I'm afraid that there indeed may not be anything to recover....please stay tuned!

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Apr 3, 2017 at 12:15:25 pm

Still tuned in??
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Dale Himelrick
on Apr 5, 2017 at 1:38:54 am

Hello everyone. Before I got to post the clip here my brother, who is a detective with a local police dept, offered to ask a favor of their tech guys. Long story short, most of the audio is complete static. Some audio was able to be separated out but the quality is to poor to use. So anyone who lives in upstate NY and has a female in her 30's ask for a job, check with me first, ill tell you her name. This woman has no right to call herself a pro. She had good demo's and had recommendations. Hard to find good help these days 😠

Return to posts index

Mark Forester
on May 16, 2017 at 9:39:44 am

Sounds like your audio might be unrecoverable. If not- the tool you would need to use is called Izotope RX. Its the best thing out there and those guys are pushing the envelope now for some years in the audio post world. All the best,

-H

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]