FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adapt my SKP 100 transmitter to supply phantom power to mic

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Leahy
Adapt my SKP 100 transmitter to supply phantom power to mic
on Feb 20, 2017 at 1:09:59 am

Hey guys I have an SKP 100 sennheiser transmitter but it doesn't supply phantom power to my beloved mkh 416. Is there any way to just supply phantom power to my mic and then plug my transmitter into that? Seems like this product should exist. Or am I going to have to shell out 600 bucks for the higher powered one?

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Adapt my SKP 100 transmitter to supply phantom power to mic
on Feb 20, 2017 at 6:29:58 am

Alright you have reached a level of phantom powering on a Tx unit, you can go probably one of 4 ways....

1. External power supply to give the microphone (416) the powering it needs to operate and then that get plugged into the Tx unit.
Yes it works, BUT there is an extra 'box' to deal with that holds the battery / s needed to get the 48v and often cumbersome..
The extra cost.
If you are using it on a boom pole then this may not be a problem just attach it further down the pole. This way you may want to add a headphone monitor unit for the Boom Operator.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=phantom+power+supply+battery+operated&cl...

2. Purchase a compatable Tx unit with your current system with 'phantom power' in the electronics of the Tx.
Quite often these don't come cheap especially for the Sennheiser systems.

3. Purchase a complete new system that is capable of power 48v phantom mics.
Depending on what $$$$$ are available have a look at the 'Rode Newsmaker kit' or the Sony UWP-D16 system or going further the quality ladder the Sennheiser or Lectrosonics systems.

4. Purchase a microphone that has an internal battery, most microphone makers do them but they won't sound as good as a 416. So depending the need this might be an option.
Just a note the Rode NTG2 has a poor s/n (has lots of hiss on its low output level)

So depending on what you are doing and how your doing it there are options....

Return to posts index

Bruce Watson
Re: Adapt my SKP 100 transmitter to supply phantom power to mic
on Feb 20, 2017 at 2:47:45 pm

Hey guys I have an SKP 100 sennheiser transmitter but it doesn't supply phantom power to my beloved mkh 416.

For phantom power you need the SKP 300, not the SKP 100.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]