FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser MKH416T Power?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
on Jan 9, 2017 at 8:48:52 pm

I have an older 416T that may or may not have been damaged in a fire. The power supply I had for it (which contained two 9 volt batteries) WAS destroyed in the fire. Does anyone know where I can get the appropriate power supply for the T as it's obviously less than the standard 48v phantom power?

Because both of our cameras have 48v out, is there a pad-like device that I can put in-line to knock down the power to what the T needs?

Thanx for any input. I just want to find out if the mic is still useable before investing in something newer.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Sennheiser MKH416T Power?
on Jan 9, 2017 at 9:08:09 pm

Some, but not all mics can use 48v Phantom power. So, don't connect to 48v unless you are sure your mic can handle it. See this post from Sound Devices for more for more info.

Here's a low cost 48 v to 12v converter.

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Jan 9, 2017 at 10:04:46 pm

Thanx, John ! That looks exactly like what I'm looking for. Never could figure out what the blue power boxes with the two nine volt batteries was putting out. I assume this in-line device is passive and just stepping down the 48v?

Again, Thanx!

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Jan 13, 2017 at 12:52:35 pm

For a permanent fix for T power to 48v phantom look up Pete Verrando who does the best T power to 48v phantom conversions. His conversions run about $150. I run the Professional Sound Services shop in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and he's done about 6 conversions for us and the mics come back sounding better than when they went out. I recommend his work without question.

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Jan 13, 2017 at 2:56:55 pm

Thanx, Eric!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]