FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Sennheiser ew g3 100 Wireless Lav system abroad

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bressler
Using Sennheiser ew g3 100 Wireless Lav system abroad
on Jan 4, 2017 at 6:26:03 pm

Hello,

I have a shoot happening this month which is taking me to London, Seoul, and Zurich from the USA. I was wondering if someone can advise as to whether or not I can use my block A Sennheiser ew g3 100 tx and rx in these countries. I know that different countries have different frequencies that they use for various applications, but I'm wondering if I scan using easy set up with my Block A set if there is a chance I will not find ANY clear frequencies?

I would perform a search with Sennheiser's frequency finder but South Korea and Switzerland are unavailable. Additionally finding sound gear rental in South Korea is proving challenging.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Using Sennheiser ew g3 100 Wireless Lav system abroad
on Jan 5, 2017 at 2:28:27 am

You should be fine in the countries you named. The chances of being blocked out of open frequencys are minimal. Just to be safe see if you can rent a 470 block of G3 wireless as a backup.

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Using Sennheiser ew g3 100 Wireless Lav system abroad
on Jan 6, 2017 at 3:12:50 pm

Hi
UK is ch 38 (606-614MHz.) These frequencies are licensed for use too ie, if you use a radio mic in the uk without a license, it will likely work, but if a licensed user has issues , then your equipment can be confiscated. Use outside major cities is unlikely to have problems, but in London and other big cities, the use is very high, so Id get a license @£70 UKP.

Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]