FORUMS: list search recent posts

RodeLink Filmmaker Kit solution from mixer to camera

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dmitry Kartsev
RodeLink Filmmaker Kit solution from mixer to camera
on Dec 14, 2016 at 10:22:21 am

Hi everyone,

I Have RodeLink Filmmaker Kit and as I found there is no line in in transmitter. So... what I need - wireless solution from mixer board to my camera.
I am trying to understand how to make it simple and without investing to much money...and as small as possible.

The only thing comes to my mind is to plug mixer to my voice recorder (Sony px333(it is not professional)) and transmitter to headphones jack. I am not audio guy and not sure will it work. In recorder I can set audio in(change from mic in) ... but I am not sure can I put transmitter to headphone jack..will it burn or damage or whatever...

Please if you have solution or comment...

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: RodeLink Filmmaker Kit solution from mixer to camera
on Dec 14, 2016 at 5:00:49 pm

You need an attenuating cable. It takes the line-level from the source (venue FOH desk, etc.) and knocks it down to microphone-level to accommodate the input expectations of the transmitter. Exactly which kind depends on several factors not in evidence here. But here is an example of some attenuating cables and adapters:

http://search.sescom.com/search#w=attenuate&asug=

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recording audio without metering and monitoring is exactly like framing and focusing without looking at the viewfinder.

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kartsev
on Dec 15, 2016 at 8:24:39 am

Thank you Richard!

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Dec 15, 2016 at 4:28:06 pm

Get a -40db pad between the mixing board and radio transmitter. Either a in line xlr -40 db or use a radio mic with attenuation pads inside.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]