FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing/exporting with mono and stereo tracks

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Pearson
Editing/exporting with mono and stereo tracks
on Nov 11, 2016 at 12:30:11 pm

I have a premiere pro project I recently completed. There are mono and stereo audio files in the sequence. The music and some of the sound effects are stereo. The voice over and a few other sound effects are mono. Should I be converting the mono to stereo before I export? What happens when I export a project that has mono and stereo to a stereo file? thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Editing/exporting with mono and stereo tracks
on Nov 11, 2016 at 12:49:41 pm

use the clip audio mix tools (NOT track audio mix tool) in Prem pro to pan the stereo material hard left and hard right.
same for the mono material but pan this centre.
Balance the levels on the faders to your taste.
Mark in and out around the sequence and Export as stereo - either embedded in the video file export or as a sep audio file.

Youre not wanting to export separates track by track but the whole thing as a finished stereo mixdown.

Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Luke Pearson
on Nov 11, 2016 at 2:08:55 pm

thanks, Peter. I think I'm with you for the most part. However, when I go to the clip audio mix tools for a stereo clip there is only one panner. How would I pan a stereo clip left and right?

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Nov 11, 2016 at 3:13:48 pm

Okay cards on the table I'm a dubbing mixer so would never dream of mixing sound in a video edit platform but seeing as that is where you are I suspect , if when you select one side of your stereo audio you only have 1 pan control this may mean that you have unlinked the audio in which case you will have to do the left and right legs as separate events planning 1 left and one to right.
That's all I can think it could be as if it was proper linked stereo audio I'm sure two tracks and 2 planners would be there

Try selecting 1side if a stereo pair. If it doesn't grab the other side auromatlly then shift click both then apple L to link
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]