FORUMS: list search recent posts

Senneheiser G2 wireless mics - transmitter immediately turning off

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daryl Meador
Senneheiser G2 wireless mics - transmitter immediately turning off
on Aug 23, 2016 at 1:43:03 am

Hello,

I just borrowed a set of wireless mics from someone for a last minute shoot. They are the Sennheiser EW 100 G2. I'm not familiar with the quality of the mics and as soon as I got them home, this started happening.

The receiver turns on and works fine, but the transmitter, about half the time it is powered on, immediately powers off. The screen lights up and shows the frequency for about half of a second, and then the screen reads "off" and turns off. About half of the time, it powers on and the mics connect and seem to be working.

The person I borrowed these from is British and I am in NYC. Is this because of the difference in frequency banks? The frequencies are set at 843.400. I've scrolled through the banks and everything is in the 800 range.

I've reset each piece but that hasn't helped.

Can anyone please help me with this? Thank you!

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Senneheiser G2 wireless mics - transmitter immediately turning off
on Aug 23, 2016 at 3:55:40 pm

You did not mention what batteries you are using? Note that rechargable batteries have a lower voltage output than "primary" (non-rechargable) cells. It is not uncommon to find gear that won't operate on rechargable batteries because they appear to be primary cells that are at their end of life. It is also possible that there is simply an intermittent fault with the transmitter. As you note, that is not "normal" behavior.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recording audio without metering and monitoring is exactly like framing and focusing without looking at the viewfinder.

Return to posts index

Daryl Meowder
on Aug 23, 2016 at 4:08:08 pm

I am using non-rechargeable batteries, and I switched them out for a new, different set, with the same results.

Return to posts index

Alan Lloyd
on Aug 23, 2016 at 7:08:09 pm

Sounds like an intermittent TX issue then.

Ugh. Intermittent faults are the worst.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Sep 4, 2016 at 8:34:55 pm

unlikely but possible: check the battery contacts and makes sure there is no acid build up. if there is, wipe it clean with a tooth brush or a cleaner like Deoxit D5. Also check cables - a loose connection to the mike or to the recorder can cause drop outs. And always a good idea to have xlr cables ready in case the cordless kits are not working for one of many reasons.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]