FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re-wire Audio Technica ear-mount microphone BP892cLM3 with 1/8" phone plug for Sony Transmitter?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Campbell
Re-wire Audio Technica ear-mount microphone BP892cLM3 with 1/8" phone plug for Sony Transmitter?
on Jul 20, 2016 at 5:00:52 pm

I bought an Audio Technica ear-mount microphone BP892cLM3 with an 1/8" phone plug because several salespeople said it would work on my Sony UTX-B03 transmitter, even though the description said "for Sennheiser." It does not work. Does anyone know how to rewire the mic to work with the Sony UTX-B03 transmitter?

Thank you,
Doug

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Re-wire Audio Technica ear-mount microphone BP892cLM3 with 1/8" phone plug for Sony Transmitter?
on Jul 21, 2016 at 2:09:03 am

Sennheiser G series wireless transmitters use the tip of the 3.5mm TRS connector for the audio feed from the microphone. Sony uses the ring of the connector for the microphone audio input. Unscrew the barrel of the 3.5mm TRS connector and see what wire is connected to the tip solder tab and unsolder it and solder it to the ring solder tab. From the back side of the connector it looks like this.

Tip>>> l l <<

l<<
Be careful as the cable clamp ring holds the cable in place as a strain relief. If all of the above has you a bit nervous contact me at
audioetc@bellsouth.net and I'll correct the wiring issue.

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Doug Campbell
Re: Re-wire Audio Technica ear-mount microphone BP892cLM3 with 1/8" phone plug for Sony Transmitter?
on Jul 21, 2016 at 2:19:32 am

Thank you for the quick response, Eric! I'll give it a try.

Doug

Return to posts index

Doug Campbell
on Jul 21, 2016 at 2:26:06 am

One question, Eric. After I make the recommended wiring change for the audio hook-up, will the Sony transmitter also apply the proper bias voltage to the mic? Thanks.

Doug

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Jul 21, 2016 at 2:40:03 am

It should but if there's a wire left unconnected it should go to the ground. It all depends if the AT mic is a 2 wire or 3 wire.

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]