FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser EW100 G3 with Android Phone

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pete van Haren
Sennheiser EW100 G3 with Android Phone
on Jul 9, 2016 at 2:58:03 pm

Hi all,
I've been trying to record audio from my Sennheiser to Android phones and tablets but cannot. Have tried Samsung Note 3, Galaxy S7, Galaxy Tab S, plus tried a Nexus 5, which are all Android. I've been using a Rode SC4 TRS to TRRS adapter as well.
I can easily record without issues on Apple products. Have tried, Mac Book, iPad MinI and iPhone 6 and all these apple products work fine with the same attempted set up as Android.
Sennheiser online support ignored my request for assistance.
If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Peter

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Sennheiser EW100 G3 with Android Phone
on Jul 10, 2016 at 9:53:22 pm

Most likely it's a connector issue. I'm not sure which set takes which connector but if you can record with a 3.5mm TRS connector you'll need a 3.5 TRRS for the Android or the other way around.

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Bruce Watson
Re: Sennheiser EW100 G3 with Android Phone
on Jul 11, 2016 at 1:09:44 pm

[Pete van Haren] "I can easily record without issues on Apple products. Have tried, Mac Book, iPad MinI and iPhone 6 and all these apple products work fine with the same attempted set up as Android."

Something is tickling the back of my mind that says that Apple didn't follow normal TRRS wiring conventions. Check to see if the Apple and Android phone wiring for the TRRS jack is the same. If not you'll need a different adapter for the Android stuff.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]