FORUMS: list search recent posts

Film Sound Mix sample?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar Bucco
Film Sound Mix sample?
on May 20, 2016 at 9:45:44 pm

Hello,

I am trying to create my film soundmix on a less than ideal home studio setup. I'm looking to get a reference movie or film soundmix file that I could place into Final Cut Pro and use to calibrate my monitor and compare to my soundtrack. I have tried to calibrate my setup using -20dB pink noise and SPL meter to set them to 75dB as recommended by many but I'd prefer to have a real world sample. An idea sample would have a -20dB reference tone in the head so I could make sure it is playing at proper level within the application.

Does anyone have a professional movie file or final soundmix film with a -20dB tone in front they could point me to?

Thanks in advance.
Oscar

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Film Sound Mix sample?
on May 21, 2016 at 5:18:59 pm

Hello Oscar and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Do you have no audio software in which you can create a -20dB tone?

I have lots to do over the next few days, but Pro Tools or Audition will let you do that.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Oscar Bucco
on May 21, 2016 at 5:52:50 pm

Hi Ty,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I can generate the tone. I think my post may have been confusing. I'm actually looking for a finished professional movie soundtrack with a -20dB tone in the header if such a thing exists. That way I could put the soundmix into my timeline and compare it to my own and also use it to calibrate my monitor settings. Thanks,
Oscar

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on May 25, 2016 at 11:59:54 am

Doubt youll find that.
The pink noise is rotated in sequence around the room by a panner calibration set up. not by putting it on a timeline.
also youll need an sound pressure level meter, not your ears
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]