FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues with AVX Microphones?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shelly Del
Issues with AVX Microphones?
on Apr 5, 2016 at 3:20:47 pm

We just snagged ourself a pair of the new Sennheiser AVX Microphones. The self configuration and ease of use is all great... however... one of our interviewees kept getting shocked when she touched metal! Every time she touched something with metal, and was wearing the microphone, she got shocked.

I've never heard of this and certainly haven't had this problem with other microphone sets.

Any ideas on what's happening?


Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Issues with AVX Microphones?
on Apr 5, 2016 at 8:39:48 pm

Are you saying that when she touched the same metal and was not wearing the microphone there was no shock? Wearing the microphone but turned off?

That sounds pretty far-fetched to me. I can't think of ANY part of such a low-power GHz transmitter that could possibly cause a shock to the user. If there was a shock, it was from some other cause.


Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Issues with AVX Microphones?
on Apr 7, 2016 at 8:20:10 pm

Hello Shelly and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum,

I doubt it was the AVX system. I have been in situations in kitchens and work room spaces in which appliances or the AC they are plugged into, are not properly grounded. Touch the sink faucet or handle and the refrigerator (or some other plugged in appliance, even if it's not turned on) and you can get a shock.

Does any of that resonate?

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog


Return to posts index


Bill Davis
Re: Issues with AVX Microphones?
on Apr 8, 2016 at 1:23:47 am

I've switched to using an AVX system as well, but have had absolutely no issues like yours.

The bodypacks and cool little receivers are mostly clad in metal - I suppose it's conceivable that some form of metal shaving might have infected a unit during manufacturing and created a power drain to the case.

If it continues to be an issue, I'm sure Sennheiser will take care of it. It's not like they are rookies in the wireless game!

I agree that the current and voltage is so small that it's only going to be annoying, not dangerous.

Let us know how it works out.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]