FORUMS: list search recent posts

ZOOM H1 can`t sync

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gennady Gaidukevich
ZOOM H1 can`t sync
on Mar 1, 2016 at 6:02:03 pm

Hello, recently bought myself ZOOM H1 recorder. First I was happy as a clam but later I found that ZOOM skips sound and I cant sync it with video. Also it records very quiet + audio spectrum is very short so its hard to sync. What can I do? How to fix this problem? I even recorded video to show this problem -

(start watching after 0:44)

Return to posts index

Bruce Watson
Re: ZOOM H1 can`t sync
on Mar 1, 2016 at 10:20:50 pm

I typically use a clapperboard for sync. Doesn't have to be even this fancy -- get the talent to clap their hands. Works as long as camera(s) can see it, and the audio can hear it.

That said, I don't understand what you mean by "ZOOM skips sound".

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: ZOOM H1 can`t sync
on Mar 2, 2016 at 8:12:05 pm
Last Edited By Richard Crowley on Mar 2, 2016 at 8:13:23 pm

"skips sound and I cant sync it with video"
We don't know whether your video camcorder is running slow or fast. And we don't know whether the H1 is running slow or fast.
You must conduct a test against a clock for 10 minutes with both your video camcorder AND with the H1 to see which one is more correct.

You cannot expect perfect sync with low-cost consumer gear. This is only slightly worse than "normal" for inexpensive consumer gear.

Any point you make a video picture edit, you have the opportunity to re-sync the video with the audio track.

"records very quiet"
There could be many reasons for that. Are you adjusting the recording level properly on the H1? What does the audio signal sound like when you monitor from the H1 headphone output?

"audio spectrum is very short so its hard to sync"
That does not translate into English. What does "audio spectrum very short" mean? Why does the audio spectrum have an effect on ability to sync? Neither of those statements makes any sense in English.

"I even recorded video to show this problem -"
The video is "too cute" and it is in Russian which means that you will get help only from people who speak Russian. Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]