FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio for Documentary Advice

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Brown
Audio for Documentary Advice
on Feb 1, 2016 at 5:41:21 pm

I am filming a documentary about Roller Girls. I would like to mic them up but the problem is, the setup has to be invasive. I do not want a mic w/ a battery pack on them because if they fall on that, it will cause injury. I thought of getting a really good shotgun mic but I am not sure if that will get what I am looking for. I have to stay out of their way while they compete. It's in a large venue with a capacity for 7000 people. I also thought of having a small lapel mic, plugged into a tiny digital recorder source up within the helmet. Right now that is what I am thinking I will do ... but does anyone know of a tiny digital recording device not too bulky where that would work? ... Also if there is anything I have not mentioned please tell me how you would shoot this. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Audio for Documentary Advice
on Feb 1, 2016 at 8:53:55 pm

A few years ago in some online forum a producer told about how he used a dozen cheap, tiny, one-piece voice recorders on participants in an informal round-table discussion of radioactive salt reactor technology. He just stuck one in each participant's shirt pocket and let them run for the evening. He arranged for some acoustic event (hand-clap, etc.) as a "sync point" just before the discussion/dinner. I thought it was a brilliant way of using inexpensive modern technology.

For example here is one the size of a USB thumb drive with 150 hours of recording time. At <$10 (including shipping) they are practically disposable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8GB-Mini-USB-Disk-Pen-Drive-Digital-SPY-Audio-Voice...

Return to posts index

Michael Brown
Re: Audio for Documentary Advice
on Feb 4, 2016 at 11:55:00 pm

Thank you for your input. I am going to try these out.
Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]