FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lav mic problem

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tarek Fouda
Lav mic problem
on Dec 30, 2015 at 9:01:32 pm

Hi Everyone,
So I've been having a serious issue with one of my wireless lav systems. I have two sennheiser G3 wireless lav systems, and I'm running them into a Sound Devices 633. Recently I turned them on and found that one of them sounds like nothing but static. I first assumed I had a bad cable, so I swapped that out; same problem. Then I thought maybe it was an issue with the mic; I swapped that too and have the same problem. Seems that the problem is the actual receiver/transmitter. I tried switching to different frequencies, but the problem persists--even when I try a frequency that I've just used with my other system, nothing but static. Finally, I tried pairing the problem transmitter with my working receiver--this gave me a good signal, meaning that I can isolate the issue to the problem receiver (confirmed this by pairing the problem receiver to the working transmitter and getting the same issue). No matter what I do, just static. I even went through every possible setting on the transmitter and receiver, making sure that the problem set matched the functioning set, in case I accidentally changed something. Still no solution. Just static.
Any ideas how I can fix this/what else I can try? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks...

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Lav mic problem
on Dec 30, 2015 at 11:10:13 pm

With BOTH the Tx units turned off can you get clean signals with no static on both receivers?
Are the squelch settings the same on both the good unit and the bad unit?

If you can get both of the Rx units clean and listening to a chosen Freq. then turn on the Tx units on those Freq. ....BUT the mics NOT connected.

Are both systems both clean?

If they are then plug in each mic...... has the problem come back?

Sennheiser mics will often break the cable just above the 3.5mm plug that goes into the Tx unit. If thats the case buy a new mic as they are not easy to repair.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]