FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireless lavalier noise

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jonathan young
Wireless lavalier noise
on Dec 29, 2015 at 10:08:52 pm

I have two sets of Sennheiser lavalier mics, before every shoot I reset them and scan for available channels, majority of the time they both say no channels available after scan so I will just pick a frequency for each transmitter, no matter what I do I keep getting bad noises like in this link below, this happens even if it is a sit down interview, I have replaced the lavaliers with new ones but I still get this noise, these are the G2 senheiser models not the G3 models

https://vimeo.com/150257301

password: audio

Thanks in advance for any help

Return to posts index

jonathan young
Re: Wireless lavalier noise
on Dec 30, 2015 at 12:22:41 am
Last Edited By jonathan young on Dec 30, 2015 at 12:23:18 am

Ok the frequencies for both of my sets are Sennheiser G2 range 626-662 I guess I need to understand white space and how to look up what channels and frequencies that are available in certain areas, to avoid that interference what do you call that noise that I am hearing?

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
on Dec 30, 2015 at 2:22:31 am
Last Edited By Brian Reynolds on Dec 30, 2015 at 2:23:55 am

Im surprised you can't find some frequencies that work, even in a VERY congested location there has to be some unused space.
Using a device like an RF Explorer gives a very good insight to what space is available.... http://rfexplorer.com/product/model-wsub1g/

How are you doing a scan as the Sennheiser units are not regarded as a great scanning device. As a suggestion try this.

Turn just one Rx unit on, go to 'U' frequency select and scroll (manually and slowly) through the frequencies, find one that show NO Rf level on the meter, store it and then listen to it for awhile BEFORE turning on the Tx unit. After you are satisfied its clean turn on the Tx unit.

If you want to use another system (leave the first system turned ON) then do the same again with the next system.

Doing it the way I have described its normally quite easy to get up to 4-6 systems operating successfully.
Just as a final check turn OFF Tx 1 and make sure that its no Rf signal on the Rx 1 unit.

Return to posts index

Victor Osaka
on Jan 3, 2016 at 9:19:01 pm

I have the same setup. But, I don't have that bad of a signal problem. That sounds like poor signal rather than interference. How far is the receiver? One tip I read and use is to make sure my receiver is vertical to match the orientation of the transmitter AND for both to have a clear path (line of sight) to each other.

There have been bad units reported. You might borrow a set from someone or rent a set and compare.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]