FORUMS: list search recent posts

match additional microphones in protocols using only timecode on an existing edit

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Franciosa
match additional microphones in protocols using only timecode on an existing edit
on Dec 22, 2015 at 6:36:19 pm

I am cutting an event with 12 microphones and 2 production mixes, all with matching timecode. The edit was done with only the 2 production tracks. I need to send this off to ProTools but I need to have all 14 tracks mixed.

Is there a way for ProTools to match the edits from my production mixes to my microphone tracks?

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: match additional microphones in protocols using only timecode on an existing edit
on Dec 23, 2015 at 4:22:59 pm
Last Edited By Ty Ford on Dec 23, 2015 at 4:23:35 pm

Hello Stephen and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

I don'r know for sure, but I doubt it.

What did you edit the production mixes on and what sort of editing did you do? Does it allow export of meta data?

So, you're wanting the multiple tracks so you can mute and/or change levels?

If you import the production mixes and isos into Pro Tools and then line them up visually, editing the iso's to match your mix, that's probably the best you could do. Someone else may have a better answer and may correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: match additional microphones in protocols using only timecode on an existing edit
on Dec 27, 2015 at 9:56:09 am

Sounds like a job for
Titan 4
http://www.synchroarts.co.uk/products/titan/overview

Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Dec 27, 2015 at 1:24:04 pm

Peter,

Good thought! Isn't there another program that does something similar?

It's a woman's name, named after the person who used to do the work manually…….

Molly?

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Dan Gelter
on Dec 27, 2015 at 2:27:49 pm

If you're on Pro Tools HD, give the 'Fieldrecorder-Workflow' a try. But that's a funny name for a woman..
If you're not on HD, I think Plural Eyes could help, too. It will sync multiple audio tracks based on their waveform. Even has a free trial.
Tuts & links:
https://www.redgiant.com/products/pluraleyes/

Return to posts index

Stephen Franciosa
on Dec 27, 2015 at 4:01:17 pm

Hey guys. Thanks for the responses. Haven't looked into this Titan 4 but the "ProTools HD Field recorder workflow" seems to solve my exact problem.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Dec 27, 2015 at 3:36:51 pm

HI Ty
Think youre recalling (fondly) Virtual Katy, but that it for reconforming the media already on a timeline to new locations after an edl change list, not bringing in new tracks.
(NB Katy manually reconformed the changes on early Lord of the Rings features in NZ)
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]