FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommendations for iMac audio setup

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Lyons
Recommendations for iMac audio setup
on Dec 8, 2015 at 6:10:10 am

I occasionally work from my home office and want to improve my audio set up which is currently just a feed out of the headphone ports on my 2015 Retina 5K iMac to small Altec Lansing speakers. I'm thinking of jumping up to "prosumer" level of quality. Most of my projects end up being finished at an audio house but I still need to have a decent mix for my review versions and what I have now just doesn't cut it.
Any suggestions would be welcome!

-- A Proud member of the Reality Based Community since 1992.

Return to posts index

Greg Pasztor
Re: Recommendations for iMac audio setup
on Dec 12, 2015 at 9:51:47 pm

I've been happy for years with the M-Audio Fastrack Pro USB interface. The newer models are the M-Track II or the Plus II, both being 24bit. The slightly more expensive model takes you from 48khz to 96khz 'resolution'. They have 1/4" outputs for L & R speakers and a separate headphone plug/volume. Sooo much better than the computer headphone jack for between $100-150. You might never use the mic inputs...I only have for occasional voiceover, but I don't know of any USB core audio interface that doesn't have these inputs. The more expensive brands (& models) are mostly charging for the higher quality preamps on the inputs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]