FORUMS: list search recent posts

Senheizer skp 100 G2 and G3 receiver?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Schmidt
Senheizer skp 100 G2 and G3 receiver?
on Nov 24, 2015 at 6:45:52 am

Hi,

I was given a SKP 100 G2 transmitter for a handheld. I have the Senheizer 100 G3 receiver and body pack. Will there's work together? Hopefully my question isn't vague. I'm far from an audio expert.

Thanks!

Todd

Return to posts index

Bruce Watson
Re: Senheizer skp 100 G2 and G3 receiver?
on Nov 24, 2015 at 1:31:20 pm

They will work together, as long as the plug-on transmitter and the receiver operate in the same frequency block (in the US, A, B, or G) and are tuned to the same frequency in that block.

Return to posts index

Todd Schmidt
on Nov 24, 2015 at 4:43:37 pm

Thanks, I need to figure out how to use this thing. Not really sure how to change the blocks. I understand what it means to change the blocks, just don't know how. I do see that my G3 operates in the 600 MHz range, and the G2 plug I was given is in the 500mhz, at least that's where it's set on. So I'm guessing if I change a block, I'll be able to fine a 600mhz range? Pardon my ignorance on the subject.

Thanks!

Todd

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Nov 24, 2015 at 5:13:16 pm

Hi Todd and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

The G2 G3 series come in three flavors A, B, G.

A is 500MHz-568MHz,

B is 628MHz-668MHz

G is 566MHz-608MHz

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/618739-REG/Sennheiser_EW_112P_G3_A_EW...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/618741-REG/Sennheiser_EW_112P_G3_B_EW...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/649983-REG/Sennheiser_EW112PG3_G_EW11...

Look on the back of the transmitter and/or receiver for an A, B or G.

My guess is, however, that you have a B and they have an A. They will not work together. If they had a G, you MIGHT get them to work together because of the slight overlap, but if those frequencies are busy, you're still out of luck.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Bruce Watson
on Nov 24, 2015 at 11:44:41 pm

[Todd Schmidt] "Thanks, I need to figure out how to use this thing. Not really sure how to change the blocks. I understand what it means to change the blocks, just don't know how. I do see that my G3 operates in the 600 MHz range, and the G2 plug I was given is in the 500mhz, at least that's where it's set on. So I'm guessing if I change a block, I'll be able to fine a 600mhz range?"

You can't change the blocks (frequency range). Sennheiser sets blocks at the factory.

If you have an A transmitter, you have to have an A receiver to go with it, similarly B works with B, and G with G. Can't mix blocks. How to tell which block a device uses? Read the labels on the devices.

Then you have to pick an individual frequency within the block, and set both transmitter and receiver to that exact same frequency.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]