FORUMS: list search recent posts

External power cable for PSC DV Promix 3

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rita Nic an Fhallaigh
External power cable for PSC DV Promix 3
on Nov 17, 2015 at 5:56:58 am

Where can I get an external cable for my DV Promix 3 - I am going through batteries so fast and don't know why?? I take them out of the machine ahenever I am not using it but a new set of batteries wouldn't even last me 2 hours. I did see a cable on this link...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/422884-REG/PSC_FPSCDVMIX3PS_Power_Sup...

but I need one with an Irish/ GB three pin plug?? Any ideas, suggestions please......

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: External power cable for PSC DV Promix 3
on Nov 18, 2015 at 4:41:32 am

http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_netzteil_universal_312v_dc.htm

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
on Nov 18, 2015 at 9:26:50 am

Are you using Alkaline batteries?
Are you using phantom power?
If you are using phantom power what sort of mics are you powering?
Running phantom power into a radio mic receiver will eat up batteries rapidly as well as possibly doing some damage to the receiver.
Have you considered using an external battery pack rather than being tethered to the mains power?

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Nov 21, 2015 at 9:23:25 pm

Hey Brian,
I have a related question.

I use a Sennheiser plug-in transmitter with a Hypercardioid mike on some shoots and it burns through the AA batteries much faster than all the other gear. I'm often left with only one bar after 1 1/2 hours where as the rest of the T/R and mixer are still at 3 or 2 bars. Though I haven't lost the feed on any shoot it makes me nervous.
Is there a battery that can give me a longer charge than regular AAs.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
on Nov 22, 2015 at 9:36:58 am

If my memory is correct the plug on TX unit from sennheiser is a higher RF output than the belt packs, and if thats the case it would it would chew batteries quicker. Also generating phantom power from a couple of AA's would be more energy zapping than a 3v bias voltage for a Lav mic.
Standard carbon AA batteries are useless, Alkaline are the best for audio gear, Lithium batteries last longer but when they crash they go from a full charge on the battery indicator to dead flat in just seconds.....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]