FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio video theory question

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Watts
Audio video theory question
on Nov 14, 2015 at 7:42:23 pm

My workflow as a video producer to finish audio is to round trip audio from premiere or FCPX to audition or logic or protools and from there send it to Isotope RX4. I'm fairly new to RX4 so I'm wondering:

If I open an audio/video mpeg4 file directly into RX4 can I save it back INTO the mp4 AV file intact, or does it become only an audio file?

Same question goes for Audition or protools?

Right now I have a 1.5 hour video that needs audio leveling and some spectral repair. It seems faster to just do it all in RX4.

I just don't understand what an audio editor does to the video portion of the file.

It seems like I don't have all the same tools when using RX4 as a plugin versus as the standalone program.

So is there a shortcut workflow to fix audio in a video that does not require using a video editing program to keep audio and video together?

THX
Larry

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Audio video theory question
on Nov 15, 2015 at 7:04:42 am

Don't know about others, but I export *audio only* files out of my timeline if they need cleanup. Then import the processed files back into X and sync them up with the source.

Basically, I don't ever try to keep the clip as Audio + Video during the sweetening stage.

YMMV.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Nov 15, 2015 at 7:23:23 am

"I export *audio only* files out of my timeline if they need cleanup. Then import the processed files back into X and sync them up with the source."

And another advantage is that you have the edited original track to fall back on if something happens during sweetening. You shouldn't be so tight on storage space that you can't afford to keep the original edit track plus the sweetened version.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Nov 15, 2015 at 10:27:32 pm

I'm agree you have to do the syncing inside your NLE. I use RX5 standalone, within Pro Tools and even directly inside FCPX. But always sync the new RX-ed audio with the video in the timeline. Richard's point is a good one. You don't want to lose access to your cut original audio.

Return to posts index

Larry Watts
on Nov 23, 2015 at 2:19:33 am

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]