FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone using Izotope RX4/RX5? I'm looking for a good forum.

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Watts
Anyone using Izotope RX4/RX5? I'm looking for a good forum.
on Oct 26, 2015 at 6:20:12 pm

Isotope doesn't have one and I don't see one in CC.

Anyone use it and know of a good forum?

THX

Larry

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Anyone using Izotope RX4/RX5? I'm looking for a good forum.
on Oct 27, 2015 at 2:02:51 pm

There are users here yes.
What do you want to know?
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Larry Watts
on Oct 27, 2015 at 2:31:24 pm

Good to know, Peter.

I bought RX4 and wondering if I should get the upgrade.

I use Premiere and (all the CC products) FCPX and need fast, powerful audio cleanup.

The lack if a good forum was concerning me, plus I haven't seen the best workflow to and from my editing packages.

Even audition is not a great run trip with Premiere.

Are there many users here?

THanks

Just not sure it was a great investment.

Return to posts index

Larry Watts
on Oct 27, 2015 at 2:35:24 pm

It doesn't not appear RX4 can use the OMF interchange. Does it?

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Oct 27, 2015 at 4:53:54 pm

Hi Rx doesnt do OMF or AAF for that matter.
I think thats entirely right tho.!
An OMF would typically contain a whole sequences audio, where as you'd more likely want rx to work on 20 frames in the middle! I export an aaf if im on mac or bwav if pc and , or if youre a pro tools user you can open the tools inside PT as a plug in and stay inside PT.

RX really is a tool like a speciality spanner or side cutters. Its not something you use on everything or every job / mix. I dont use it like a a "go to" eq or compressor that goes onto every mix. Its something that I bring out when I need it, but sometimes I really need it and people gasp at the results.

There are a number of really good tutorials made by Mike Thornton of pro Tools expert. Theyre good for getting the most out of it.

As to wether its a good investment. For me like I said its something Id not want to be without, but may go weeks without using at all. That might be a poor spend in your opinion - but when that fix saves a re-shoot or you can de pop a recording that got loads of plosives, or remove a brake squeal in the background over the key words - it can pay for its self in 1 go and you'll never consider the saving as worthwhile.

Personal opinions.
Peter

Return to posts index

Daniel Gorszki
on May 10, 2017 at 7:53:43 am

Hi Peter!
I'd have a question about rx4 undo history. How can I delete/undo only one element of process? For example, I do processing in the following order: declip,declip,denoise,decrackle,decrackle, I'd like to undo only the denoise, don't want to lose the process after them.
Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Daniel

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Oct 28, 2015 at 3:18:05 am

Hello Larry and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum

I use RX3 fairly regularly to salvage telephone audio and to remove clicks. What you've read here is right. I only use in on a track or a section of a track.

BTW, if you have a dry-mouthed narrator, the de-clicker in RX3 does a smashing job of getting rid of the clickies. The De-clicker - It's not just for old vinyl!

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Don Baarns
on Oct 29, 2015 at 1:31:42 am

Larry,

It's a great investment if you need to clean up audio.

Depending on your specific usage case (cleaning up mouth noise, or denoising, declicking, etc) it can save you hours. Some things can be batched, some can't. Just depends what you're trying to do.

RX5 has some slick new tools, but it may or may not be worth the upgrade (I'd go from RX3 to 5 in a heartbeat, much improved...)

If you're on Facebook, we have a group of 600+ people using RX to save audio.

Most of the users are doing narration or dialog, but we also have some very experienced film/video production people.

Extensive coverages of RX 4 and 5, with some v3 users.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AudioRescue/

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Nov 9, 2015 at 5:33:17 pm

It's a terrific app. I've used it since it was just called RX. Last week there was an annoying clunk under a VO and I easily disappeared it with RX5. As mentioned it's a specialty tool, although, there are a number of functions like automatic dialog de-noise that might be used in some cases on complete tracks. If you need to "operate" on your audio, it's an invaluable tool.

Return to posts index

Larry Watts
on Nov 23, 2015 at 3:03:23 am

Thanks everyone. RX4 been helping a great deal.
I'm mostly using FCPX and trying to decide on the best DAW to use with it and RX.
One need is to lower sound coming from other lavs bleeding into the dialogue of adjacent actors. Each actor is mic' plus boom.

Often I get footage that is stereo with two actors one panned left and one right. Awkward with audition.

Larry

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Nov 23, 2015 at 8:19:10 am

Izotope really is NOT a tool to fix issues like "bad production shoot and planning".
If you have 2 actors, both with lavs and a boom, then they need to be recorded as 3 tracks not stereo 2 track. If you have 2 booms then it is 4.
I doubt izotope will be any help at all here. This is not an audio fault - its incorrect recording technique.
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]