FORUMS: list search recent posts

Information on moving from USB to XLR on a Microphone

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Rice
Information on moving from USB to XLR on a Microphone
on Oct 20, 2015 at 7:06:12 pm

Backstory:
I was recently given a Razer Seiren Pro.( http://tinyurl.com/nankyc5 )
I am currently using the USB option for this Microphone but was wondering how to use the XLR option.

I have a couple of questions about XLR and this microphone in particular.
If I'm using it for my PC will XLR give me better quality?

Will a USB Interface help me with this?
I was originally looking at the Focusrite Solo( http://tinyurl.com/nz23zho )

Then I realized that the XLR connector on the Mic was a 5 Pin. The connector sent in the box with the mic was 5 pin to 3 pin splitter. I'm guessing for Left/Right.

What would be some suggestions for connecting this mic up to my computer through XLR or should I keep it USB?

Any information would be super helpful. I've spent the better part of 2 hours looking for information and really can't figure ANYTHING out.

Thanks again.
Joe

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Information on moving from USB to XLR on a Microphone
on Oct 21, 2015 at 3:47:00 am

You did not reveal WHAT you are using this for, or WHERE? Unless you are using it for very critical high-resolution applications, it seems rather doubtful that you will get any perceptible improvement in "quality" (whatever that means in your undisclosed application). Certainly not enough to warrant the added expense of a decent audio interface such as the Focusrite.

Frankly, budgeting money on the acoustic treatment of your recording space will have FAR AND AWAY more "bang for the buck" as far as actual, practical improvement to the audio signal.

The website for that microphone was pretty off-putting. It was long on marketing hype and almost completely devoid of any actual technical information. Lots of sizzle and no steak.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]