FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireless Sony UWP systems

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Bruder
Wireless Sony UWP systems
on Sep 29, 2015 at 1:45:32 pm

Members:

Seeking some advice on a wireless issue. Currently own two Sony UWP transmitters and receivers that are in the same frequency block (638-661 Mhz). For an upcoming event I really need a third unit. I have access to an identical UWP system which functions in the 566-589 Mhz block. I'm aware of the potential for issues with intermodulation interference and have seen some sites on line which will calculate the interference frequencies up to the 9th order for three frequencies. Am I ok doing this (assuming no one has a device with an interfering frequency at the location). According to Sony's UWP instructions they are saying separate 300 feet away from each system to avoid interference. That's not gonna fly with three people on a stage.

Second part of my question is if in the future I opt to purchase a third system do I stick with the same frequency I already have on my two units or is there merit in having another system which operates in a different frequency block from the other two? In case you run into an interference problem.

For those of you that might have three pairs of units are they all the same frequencies or different? Sony uses a block of frequencies ( I believe it is #9 where they can have up to 16 separate pairs .
functioning without interference) so they say.

Thanks
Fred B.

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Wireless Sony UWP systems
on Sep 29, 2015 at 10:59:59 pm

You can easily run many RF systems in various frequency blocks, just need to do some checking first.
May I suggest that you put your chosen frequencies into this 'test' and it will show if you have any problems.
It will work with ANY brand of radio mic / RF transmitters.

http://ff.audiotechnica.com/index2.html

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Sep 29, 2015 at 11:08:19 pm

Have you successfully used your two 600 MHz systems concurrently before?
If the two 600 MHz systems "play nice" with each other, I wouldn't worry about the third system almost 100 MHz away. As Mr. Reynolds says, your very best bet is to actually test them before the event.

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
on Sep 29, 2015 at 11:41:47 pm

Are you using the old Sony UWP system or the newer Sony UWP-D?. Or the newer version that has a yellow face plate on the front.
If you are using the newer 'D' versions it has a very nice scan feature that makes channel / frequency selection VERY easy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]