FORUMS: list search recent posts

Choosing a tascam portable recorder (dr60d,dr70d,dr100)

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Salem Haguen
Choosing a tascam portable recorder (dr60d,dr70d,dr100)
on Sep 10, 2015 at 5:22:13 am

Hello. I'm Salem and i'm a film making student from Argentina.
I come to you in need of some aid.
I'm trying to buy a portable recorder so i stop renting them for every project and after months (literally) of deciding what to buy two units appeared and destroyed my decision. Initially i wanted an h5 but it's almost impossible to get it here (due to our country politics we can't import them personally and i couldnt find any place that sold them) and the h6 is really out of my budget.
So, after discarding the h4n (that i've rented for years) i was going to buy a tascam DR60Dmk2 but sales appeared and now i can buy the dr60dmk2, dr70d and the dr100mk2 (which is odd because it's 4000ar$ cheaper than its normal price, let's say that a dr60mk2 here costs about 5300$ or about 540usd)

I was wondering which one to choose, i normally record with a boom mic and almost never, but sometimes with 2 lav mics, but since i'm more into animation i'll be using it for dubbing. I know most of the pros and cons of everyone of them, but i'm concerned with all the "build quality is awful" of the dr60d, and i don't know if the 70d has improved in that area (and i can't go to a store and find one). Do you have some experience or tips so i can choose wisely?

Thank you very much for your time. And i'm sorry that my english is not very good.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Choosing a tascam portable recorder (dr60d,dr70d,dr100)
on Sep 11, 2015 at 4:41:18 am

Hello Salem and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

I'm afraid that I must disagree with you. Your english is very good! :)

We have a saying in audio. "You can never have enough inputs or tracks."

Have you considered a Zoom F8? I have not tried one yet, but have heard some very good reports.

I thought B&H shipped internationally. I may be wrong. Here's a link to the F8 on the B&H site.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1140426-REG/zoom_zf8_f8_field_recorde...

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Salem Haguen
on Sep 11, 2015 at 1:32:11 pm

Hi, first of all, Thank you so much for your response. The thing is that because of our current government we can't import things, or buy them online (if you buy something that costs more than 25$ usd either the government keeps it or you have to pay a fee that can go up to 100% of the products value. And also we have tech-related fees (so everything tech-wise costs about 3 times it's original price).
Even if you travel you have proeblms with that. That's why i'm so fixed between them, because them and the h4n are the only things you can find here in my price range here. (the only one i found besides that is the tascam 680 but it escapes my salary by far).
Still i'll look into that one for the future when i have money and they enter here :) Thank you so much for your time and help.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Sep 11, 2015 at 5:11:16 pm

Hi Salem,

Can you please send me your email address to tyford@tyford.com

Thanks,

Ty

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]