FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about FCP X to Audition CC Workflow

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Leo
Question about FCP X to Audition CC Workflow
on Jul 3, 2015 at 4:33:38 am

I'm using the program XtoCC to work with a FCP X file in Audition.

XtoCC creates an .xml file that can be opened with Audition.

Audition requires me to link each clip to the source, the original media files. Sometimes these source files are actually video files with the audio attached.

It seems that Audition makes copies of the audio from these video files... I can see them in the files window. The source reads "ImporterMPEG." These are the files that actually end up linking to the clips in the multitrack editor.

I want to create copies of all the audio I would be using in this project, so that I don't have to destructively edit all the original source audio.

The problem is I can't find these "ImporterMPEG" audio files, which were originally part of the source video files, on the actual hard drive. They only appear in the file explorer, and when I try to "reveal in finder" (I'm on a Mac), it's greyed out.

Is there any way to copy these? Anyone familiar with this problem? What is this little ImporterMPEG software actually doing? Do these audio files actually exist on the computer, or is it some kind of native software that helps Audition read the audio from the original source files (which, again, are actually videos)?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]