FORUMS: list search recent posts

Suggestion to fix my audio?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Weese
Suggestion to fix my audio?
on Jun 10, 2015 at 2:37:08 am

I set-up my recorder with the DJ at a wedding like usual; testing out sound before the reception, and he ended up re-adjusting everything later on, turning the output levels up and making my audio overblown a bit.

Below is a link that shows the original audio immediately followed by my attempt to correct the audio. I used izotope "deconstruction" to do the correction. I'm slightly happier after the correction; but I really would like to make it better if possible. Any suggestions welcome. I'm not an expert with izotope either...

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Suggestion to fix my audio?
on Jun 10, 2015 at 1:32:33 pm

HI Daniel and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

I see you've learned the first two lessons about connecting with other people's gear.

1. Always list to everything all the time.

2. Never trust anyone, DJ's included, to know the ramifications of their work on your audio.

Sorry for your pain.

Did you try Izotope RX Declipper?

That's what I'd do.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow AUdio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Evan Allen
Re: Suggestion to fix my audio?
on Jun 10, 2015 at 5:12:32 pm

Hi Daniel,

As Ty mentioned, the Declip module in RX will likely be your best bet! In some extreme cases where Declip does not completely take care of the distortion, using Decrackle on higher frequencies can help to further reduce unwanted distortion as well.

If you check out page 28 of our free Audio Repair Guide, it'll take you through the steps of tackling distortion (including a potential final pass with Deconstruct, as you mentioned!). That chapter of the Audio Repair Guide is aimed primarily at fixing dialogue, but the steps are pretty much the same for music or any other kind of distorted audio as well.

Happy repairing!

Best,

Evan Allen
iZotope, Inc.
https://www.izotope.com/postproduction

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]