FORUMS: list search recent posts

Headphone output OK ??

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blayde Stone
Headphone output OK ??
on Jun 5, 2015 at 6:40:02 pm

Hello Ty, just needed to run this by you, we videoing a three person interview coming up next week, we are using 3 Polson OLM – 10 Lavaliers being input into a Behringer Xenyx 1202 mixer via the XLR connectors(using Mono adapters to XLR) the final mix( Tape Out) is being output to a Tascam DR-05 recorder, to be later synced with the video. However as I was doing a test run on this set up, the mixer output seemed to be too hot for the Tascam recorder, I tried decreasing the input on the Tascam via the internal control settings, it was still peaking quite a bit even with the lowest setting, so now I am now using mixer's headphone output to go to the Tascam Recorder I use the headphone control knob to get just the right amount of signal to the recorder without overwhelming it. My question is, will I be taking a hit on audio quality coming from the headphone source??? I did a test recording with the new set up using headphones... audibly it sounds okay, please let me know your thoughts on this.... thank you!

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Headphone output OK ??
on Jun 12, 2015 at 7:12:51 pm

First thing I'd look at is if your input is switched to mic or line. What may be happening is you're feeding a line level signal to a mic in. The line level signal is way too hot for the mic input.

Return to posts index

Blayde Stone
Re: Headphone output OK ??
on Jun 12, 2015 at 8:48:52 pm

Thanks for your response John, today we videoed and audio recorded this event... Three cameras and Three Lavaliers as described above, glad to report every thing went great!! Levels were perfect on all three guests, just got through playing back the mix on the Tascam DR-05 When I got back to the studio, getting ready to load in the computer and sync the sound to the vid, appreciate your input!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]