FORUMS: list search recent posts

I have audio that is blown out. I know I can't change that fact....but will any FCP X filters make a difference?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
I have audio that is blown out. I know I can't change that fact....but will any FCP X filters make a difference?
on Jun 5, 2015 at 4:14:35 pm

I was recording an organ grinder, and unbeknownst to me the mic was too hot. The audio is blown out. I want to try and use it though. I know I can't change the fundamental fact it's blown out...but I'm editing in FCP X and I'm wondering if there are any filters that might be useful?

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: I have audio that is blown out. I know I can't change that fact....but will any FCP X filters make a difference?
on Jun 5, 2015 at 4:36:22 pm
Last Edited By Richard Crowley on Jun 5, 2015 at 4:39:06 pm

That is more an FCP question than an audio question.
There are several FCP forums here and on other websites where could probably have better expectation of a helpful response.

Adobe Premiere has a filter which will "round-off" the clipped peaks of an audio waveform. Dunno whether Apple has something similar.

Since it isn't exactly "lip-sync" (unless the monkey was singing?) you could possibly replace the audio with a better sample.

My signature line over on another forum is: "Recording audio without metering and monitoring is exactly like framing and focusing without looking at the viewfinder."

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: I have audio that is blown out. I know I can't change that fact....but will any FCP X filters make a difference?
on Jun 12, 2015 at 7:18:03 pm

I totally agree with Richard. FXPX has very nice eq plugs from Logic, but other than rolling off the high end, none will deal with the distortion. iZotope RX4 has a Declipper module that can help. However, there comes a point where the signal is so trashed, it can't be recovered.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]