FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dolby Digital Plus or PCM Stereo

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nancy L. Sutton Smith
Dolby Digital Plus or PCM Stereo
on May 22, 2015 at 4:53:23 pm

I am sending a blu-ray to a film festival. I am exporting out of Premiere to Encore. Their (film festival) audio choices are:
Dolby Digital, Dolby SRD, Dolby SR, Stereo or Stereo Dolby Digital

I would like to leave it PCM stereo. However I can go Dolby Digital Plus (which I am sure fits in their choices). Is there any reason I have to use Dolby. I don't see why I should compress the audio if I don't have to. We had the film sweetened. Thank you for the help ! (I put this in Premiere & DVD forums and no one answered)

Nancy L. Sutton Smith
Northeast Community College
Mass Media/Journalism/Post Production Instructor
Sutton Bay Media Company

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Dolby Digital Plus or PCM Stereo
on May 22, 2015 at 5:27:50 pm

An arbitrary requirement like that can only be explained by the people who made it. Perhaps that is a limitation of the exhibition venue?

Return to posts index

Nancy L. Sutton Smith
on May 23, 2015 at 12:00:51 am

I am sure that is the case with the venue. If I leave it as PCM - that is stereo - so that should fill their requirement, correct? Also, I tried to do a Dolby Digital Plus today, that is an Ec3 extension and only Audition would play it. Neither Encore nor Premiere would allow it.

Nancy L. Sutton Smith
Northeast Community College
Mass Media/Journalism/Post Production Instructor
Sutton Bay Media Company

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on May 23, 2015 at 1:25:48 am

Only the festival can answer your questions. You could make two copies and send them both with the explanation that you would prefer the non-compressed version be shown.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]