FORUMS: list search recent posts

Skyping

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Prigge
Skyping
on May 5, 2015 at 1:12:16 pm

I'm planning on starting a monthly business podcast. Included would be an interview each show. Here is my plan: I have Camtasia Studio (screen recorder) that I would record the interviews via Skype, then export the audio only for editing, etc. For simplicity sake, I'd like to use USB headsets, one for me and one for the guest (I would send him or her the headset in advance). Good plan or not? If not, what would you suggest? If good, what headset do you suggest? I'm underwhelmed by the headset choices I have researched. They are not that expensive and while I know that cost is not always indicative of quality, $30-$50 for most of them seems a little low. But maybe not. Any and all help and insight appreciated!

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Skyping
on May 6, 2015 at 1:21:51 am

Hello Tom and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

I use the Plantronics .628 USB headset. It's not like a studio mic, but it is noise canceling and works for me.

I haven't tried Camtsia yet, but I have tried Call Recorder with SKYPE. It records audio and/or video.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Tom Prigge
on May 6, 2015 at 1:10:27 pm

Ty,

Thanks for the info. I'll be using Camtasia to record simply because I already have it. I guess headsets are not as expensive as I thought they would be.

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on May 7, 2015 at 7:46:37 pm

If you already have and use Camtasia, then go for it. However for those who don't want to drop a few hundred $$$, there are several more simple and less expensive (some free) ways. Many modern computer sound systems allow you to use the "stereo mix" as a source when recording. So you can record whatever the computer is playing (like Skype or whatever) with no extra hardware or software.

And there are simple audio recording apps like Total Recorder available at VERY low prices. And Skype shows a list of recording apps that are known to work with Skype: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12395/how-can-i-record-my-skype-calls?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]