FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireless Lav Mic & Reciever. Does the frequency vary from State to State?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Factora
Wireless Lav Mic & Reciever. Does the frequency vary from State to State?
on Mar 31, 2015 at 2:58:08 am

Howdy folks.

I'm going to be using a Sennheiser EW 100-ENG G3-A - wireless microphone system up in Portland Oregon, Seattle, Miami, and Dallas.

I was told that my setup may encounter frequency problems from State to State that would interfere with the Mic transmission to camera.

Are there states where I won't be able to use my setup?

Thanks,

-p

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Wireless Lav Mic & Reciever. Does the frequency vary from State to State?
on Mar 31, 2015 at 4:26:17 am

This might be a good start for you..
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/service-support-frequency-finder

Keep in mind that radio micophones use the RF (radio frequency) spectrum and despite there being no listing on a particular frequency it doesn't mean that it can be used, for example a local news crew might be in that area and using that frequency, or if you are at a sporting venue on 'Game Day' the chances the spectrum might be full from other users of radio mics, come back the following day and the RF spectrum you are wanting to use might not have a thing in there. And remember that you turning on your system may cause problems for their systems (which may be going to air)

In the 'good old days' you could often set up a system and never have to change / chase frequencies but those days are long gone.

A good knowledge of how to use your gear should deliver the good results.

Return to posts index

Paul Factora
on Mar 31, 2015 at 4:29:45 am

Much Thanks Brian!

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Mar 31, 2015 at 5:22:13 am

The radio bands are governed by the Federal Communication Commission uniformly across all of the US territory including all 50 states. The issue is NOT one state vs. another, but what spectrum users have been licensed in each city or local area.

As Mr. Reynolds said, it has become a quite dynamic problem that is not very predictable by old methods. The best way is to make a scan of the band in "real-time" and select a free channel. Be glad you aren't in New York City or some other "RF Hell".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]