FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser EW100 G2 Wireless Microphone Audio Issues in UK

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth Owen
Sennheiser EW100 G2 Wireless Microphone Audio Issues in UK
on Feb 20, 2015 at 3:00:13 pm

Hello.

Just a quick question, in the past I've had no problem with the Sennheiser EW100 G2 wireless microphone set that I have. Always very clear audio. However, I've gone to use it today and no matter what channel I use in the 863 to 865 range all I get is a lot of static. Sometimes faint but most of the time very loud.

Any idea what could be causing this? Faulty TX / RX?

I've reset both packs but still no joy.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Regards

Gareth

Return to posts index

Michael Paul
Re: Sennheiser EW100 G2 Wireless Microphone Audio Issues in UK
on Feb 20, 2015 at 5:25:49 pm

Is the RF LED lit on the receiver. If it is, and you're getting RF, then it might be an audio issue. since you're hearing static, then the receiver output squelch and pilot tone (if used) is working.

I would try to plug something else into the transmitter input and see if that works before sending it in for service

Michael Paul
Location Sound Corp

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
on Feb 20, 2015 at 10:15:08 pm
Last Edited By Brian Reynolds on Feb 20, 2015 at 10:21:43 pm

" 863 to 865 range" Thats an incredibly small frequency band range to be searching through..... Why are you NOT using the full RF frequency range of the radio mic system?

Many countries that band has been taken over by mobile phones / Data, what is the current frequency allocations in your country?

Just found this on a UK website that may help.

http://www.dmmusic.com/media/wysiwyg/dm-radio-flow1.jpg

Return to posts index

Gareth Owen
on Feb 20, 2015 at 10:43:18 pm

Hi Michael and Brian.

Unfortunately in the UK the only frequencies that you can use for this unit is between 863.000 and 865.000MHz.

The Pilot is turned on and the receiver has the RF light on. I'll look at changing the mic and see if that fixes the problem.

Looking at that chart you found Brian, I notice it talks about interference in this band. From my research today it looks like the 4G mobile signal could be causing the interference on my unit.

I'll go out of area tomorrow and see if the interference continues.

Thanks for the help.

Gareth

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]