FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zoom H6 Question

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jenkins
Zoom H6 Question
on Jan 31, 2015 at 12:42:57 am

Just picked up a Zoom H6 for podcast recording. I can't figure out if I can record 4 inputs to mono. Not mix down afterwards, but record to mono.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Zoom H6 Question
on Jan 31, 2015 at 7:22:59 am
Last Edited By Brian Reynolds on Jan 31, 2015 at 7:23:36 am

You bought a multi track 'recorder' NOT a mixer......

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Jan 31, 2015 at 7:25:09 pm

[Brian Reynolds] "You bought a multi track 'recorder' NOT a mixer......"

This baby's got a lot of options. You can stereo link tracks 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 to record 4 inputs to two stereo tracks. When recording to mp3, everything gets mixed down to a single stereo track. Can't do it with WAV, though. Doesn't look like mixing down to a single mono track is programmed in, either. That would be ideal for my purposes. One less thing to do in post.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
on Jan 31, 2015 at 7:39:15 pm

In my world 'mixing' is not just joining tracks together..... Mixing is when you have individual control of each signal so you can raise the level of a quietly spoken and lower the level of a person who talks in a louder voice.
Its a sad day in audio when you have to crash mix anything.
I also own a Zoom H6 and have never found a mix 'on input' option, there is a monitor mix to headphones for monitoring, but its very basic.

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
on Jan 31, 2015 at 7:45:42 pm

If you wanted to 'mix on the go' get small 'Behringer' style desk mixer with sliding faders and for a hundred bucks or so feed that into the H6. it will deliver MUCH better results than any crash mixing.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Feb 2, 2015 at 11:14:51 pm

[Brian Reynolds] "If you wanted to 'mix on the go' get small 'Behringer' style desk mixer with sliding faders and for a hundred bucks or so feed that into the H6. it will deliver MUCH better results than any crash mixing."

Yep, I've got one and I've done that, but my client wants to transition into recording the podcast themselves and I'm trying to simplify the setup as much as possible.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]