FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireless Microphone System w/ GoPro!

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Aaqib Usman
Wireless Microphone System w/ GoPro!
on Jan 19, 2015 at 5:58:07 pm

I have been using a GoPro to shoot mobile/walking architecture tours with a guide. All of this is one long shot, no edits, no cuts. For the moment, I am using the <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR288W-Battery-Powered-TwinMic-Microphone/dp/B00006HO3R">Audio-Technica ATR288W VHF Battery-Powered TwinMic Microphone System</a>with the GoPro that plugs into the camera using an additional mini-USB adapter that provides a 3.5mm microphone input the GoPro.

I am not happy with the Audio Technica package I have - I'm hearing a LOT of disturbance as we walk around, to a point where it's unbearable to listen to the audio.

What is the best microphone to plug in that can be used to capture the cleanest and loud-enough audio from my moving guide? My budget is ~$200.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Wireless Microphone System w/ GoPro!
on Jan 19, 2015 at 7:48:44 pm

If you aren't using wide shots, consider a shotgun mic which has less clothing noise and better off axis rejection
.you can also upgrade to a countryman lav or sessheiser g3
Also an external recorder may improve the noise floor such as a zoom h1 or tascam dr 100 but you have to post sync with ntg3 mic

and remove clothing noise by inverting two sandwiched triangle prices of tape to isolate the mic from the actor

Return to posts index

Aaqib Usman
on Jan 20, 2015 at 6:04:18 pm

Hi Chris! Thanks for your reply.

All of these options are wayy too expensive. At this time, my budget is in the ~$250 range.

I also cannot afford to do post sound, I prefer a single system solution that records the audio directly into the GoPro. The Sennheiser wireless microphone systems are tempting as I've had good results with that before. Still on the pricy side. The other devices I've come across is "Polsen ULW-16 - 16-Channel Camera-Mountable UHF Wireless System with PL-5 Mini Lavalier Microphone - (584.400 to 602.450 MHz)". What are your thoughts on that?

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jan 22, 2015 at 5:00:53 pm
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Jan 22, 2015 at 5:01:46 pm

I haven't personally used it but you can always split the difference and get the ME2 Lavalier Microphone from the G3 for $140 if your existing wireless device functions adequately. or $229 Tram TR-50 which is step up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]