FORUMS: list search recent posts

Marantz PMD661 Card Locked error

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lev Kalman
Marantz PMD661 Card Locked error
on Jan 7, 2015 at 7:08:29 pm

Hi,

I work at a facility where we have about 10 circulating Marantz PMD661's. These have been going out on a very regular basis for a couple of years.

Suddenly one of the Marantzes is reporting a CARD LOCKED error. This is the case with all the different cards and sizes we've tried (Sandisk, Transcend, 4GB, 1GB, 16GB, Class 10, etc) - all cards which work just fine in the other Marantz decks.

I can reformat the cards on the Marantz deck in question, but then it just reports CARD LOCKED again. If I plug the deck into a computer through USB, Disk Utility reports the card is Read Only. But if I take the SD card and plug it in through a card reader, it is Read/Write.

I tried re-formatting one of the disks on a computer to Mac Journaled, and then re-formatting again on the Marantz, but I get the same CARD LOCKED error.

The firmware is v1.17. I tried to update to the latest version, but for some reason the Marantz did not recognize that the .bin file was on the SD card. I'm assuming that's because it's not really talking to the card at all.

Has anyone run into this before? Is there a factory reset for the Marantz PMD661? I tried pulling out the batteries and putting them back in but that made no change.

Thanks for any advice,
Lev

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Marantz PMD661 Card Locked error
on Jan 7, 2015 at 8:40:49 pm

I had a similar problem with a Zoom. It was unrecoverable,and I had to throw the deck out. I would at least see if you can send in to a Marantz repair facility. Those units (I have one also now) are too valuable to just throw out if you can get them repaired.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]