FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting the correct audio level

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Toney
Getting the correct audio level
on Dec 1, 2014 at 7:13:40 pm

Forgive me on this, I see a lot of articles explaining what dBFS is and LKFS and so on but I never see where to set the final mix values to be compliant in my Premiere application.

I have the Loudness radar set as a plugin on the Master Channel, however, nothing I do changes the final value. Eventually I just turn down the fader for the master level to achieve what I need.

But my question is, where on the dB meter in Premiere should my level hit in order to achieve the -24 dBFS that I'm required to provide?

Maybe provide an article too if you know of one, thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Getting the correct audio level
on Dec 2, 2014 at 8:35:45 am

Ok - you cant have a value to hit on a NLE meter that gives compliance to a loudness delivery value. The 2 are completely different things.
The loudness algorithm is designed to meter based on programm type , not just electrical energy - thats how it deals with percieved volume not just actual level.

re I have the Loudness radar set as a plugin on the Master Channel, however, nothing I do changes the final value.

If you have a loudness meter and its not showing any changes, then theres something wrong which i cant help with as i dont use a video edit tool to mix audio (just like I wouldnt use a knitting needle to dig a foundation! wrong tool.
Premiere might not support or bus the audio like it is needed to make a radar app work, but I cant help there.

You need to familiarise yourself with the delivery loudness spec of the territory you are delivering in - its more than just -24 lufs.

Id get a dub studio involved if youve a client who is hiring you to get it right, as I dont think you can in this PPro environment.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]