FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with Quiet Audio.

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Jim
Problem with Quiet Audio.
on Nov 25, 2014 at 7:11:32 pm

Hi, I really don't know if this is where I should post this but I'm guessing its the best bet!
I stupidly recorded some audio in an interview really low on my Tascam DR 60D. I'm not actually sure
what I did. I was in a rush and didn't check the levels. I'm not a soundman but that's no excuse.

Anyway, when I play it on my Mac it sounds okay volume if everything is turned up to the max. So the loudness is there, without distortion, but when I bring it into FCP 7, I can't bring the levels up that high. It still sounds really too quiet.

I was wondering if there's any program or way of changing the levels to have it saved at that volume so I can get away with it! I know if I played it back and re-recorded it with Audio Hijack it should work, but I'm sure there's gotta be a better way.

Please someone help me hide my mistake! :-)
Cheers!

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Problem with Quiet Audio.
on Nov 25, 2014 at 11:46:06 pm

I am not a Mac user, but in PC-land, we could extract the audio from the video and use an audio application to boost the level, then lay the boosted audio track back into the video edit application (Final Cut).

Are you able to extract the audio file from Final Cut?
Do you have an audio application like Garage Band(?) or Audacity?

Or does Garage Band (or whatever audio application you have) capable of using the audio track directly in the video file? (For example I can open a video file using Adobe Audition and manipulate the audio file directly).

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Problem with Quiet Audio.
on Nov 27, 2014 at 3:07:26 am

Hello David and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

FCP 7 has a "normalize audio" choice. Have you tried theat?

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow AUdio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]