FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio options for Video

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Johnson
Audio options for Video
on Nov 4, 2014 at 2:37:08 pm

Please excuse my ignorance. I am trying to discover the best method for good audio quality for a digital video recording. I am a Public Speaker in Germany who speaks with a translator simultaneous translating beside me. We use separate microphones. I will soon begin video recording our presentations with a digital HD camera. I see three options for the audio: 1) Use 2 wireless microphones simultaneously 2) Use the boom mic to record the audio coming through the speakers 3) Edit the video using the audio recording that we now make for our podcast. If we do that, what editing software is recommended for a tight budget?

What do you recommend? Am I missing something that might be easier and better?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Audio options for Video
on Nov 5, 2014 at 9:07:10 am
Last Edited By Brian Reynolds on Nov 5, 2014 at 9:10:59 am

Hire a sound person / crew to do the job for you....simple.

They would have done lots of stuff like this before, its very hard to teach a newcommer the in's and out's of a production like this over a forum.

It's a bit like DIY dentistry.... Better off leaving it to people that have done it before.

It would be like me asking you how to be a top class Public Speaker with a couple of postings on a forum.

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Audio options for Video
on Nov 5, 2014 at 2:25:38 pm

Your question only raises many more questions.
What mics are you using NOW? Are they YOUR mics? Or are they whatever comes with the venue?
Who is operating the camera?
What do you mean by "the boom mic"?
How do you make the current audio recording for your podcast?
If you are happy with the podcast recording, why wouldn't you simply feed that into the camera?

As Mr. Reynolds suggested, hiring an audio expert to help you set up everything may be a good investment. But if that isn't in the budget, then much more complete details are necessary to attempt to to help you here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]