FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser G2 Repair

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Leong
Sennheiser G2 Repair
on Nov 2, 2014 at 9:35:51 pm

Hi, I searched on this board to no avail. I was wondering if there was somewhere other than Sennheiser to repair a few sets of G2s? I tried their website and the G2s are no longer serviceable through Sennheiser.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I have 2 sets of 500MHz and 2 sets of 600MHz that need to be serviced. Thanks for any help!!!

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Sennheiser G2 Repair
on Nov 4, 2014 at 1:18:13 am

Hello Aaron and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

What seems to be the matter?

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Aaron Leong
on Nov 6, 2014 at 5:24:04 pm

Hi, thanks for the welcome!!

I've got some Sennheiser G2 units that need to be serviced and/or repaired and I'm looking for someone or a company to help me. I checked Sennheiser's website and the G2s are no longer serviceable, unfortunately.

The only lead I got was Trew Audio but I haven't heard back from them yet. I'm not sure if they service Sennheisers.

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

~a

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Nov 6, 2014 at 6:04:30 pm
Last Edited By Eric Toline on Nov 6, 2014 at 6:05:42 pm

I might be able to offer some technical help if you can describe what your problems seem to be. Post here or audioetc@bellsouth.net or 954-255-7628.

Eric

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Nov 6, 2014 at 7:06:29 pm

Aaron,

Again, what seems to be the matter?

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Aaron Leong
on Nov 8, 2014 at 1:19:51 am

Hey guys,

One of my handheld mics won't even turn on anymore. Same goes for a 600MHz transmitter and receiver, a 500MHz transmitter and receiver and a couple of them needs new antennas and/or mini connections (the mics won't screw in).

I've tried new batteries, it was the first thing I tried. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to do.

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Nov 8, 2014 at 2:26:47 am

I can replace the antennas and perhaps repair the input connector block. Beyond that I don't attempt. Unless you can find a wireless tech for your G2's I'm afraid you're looking at serious money for a new G3 system.

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Dean Longfield
on Nov 9, 2014 at 5:05:26 pm

Not sure where you live, but there may be a professional, audio/video shop that offers repairs. I can only speak to the mics not screwing in. which were an issue with the G2's. After some use, the lock nuts would come loose and when one screwed their mic in the whole mic connector on the transmitter would also spin which would in turn spin the wires inside that are connected to it, which would eventually cause breakage of the connection. I had mine repaired by Sennheiser (quite a while ago) and then ordered additional lock nuts. I still use it and it works well.
Just have to remember to check and tighten those lock nuts every so often. If you are in a larger metro area there should be a professional sales, rental & repair shop in your area. Good luck.

Return to posts index

Everett McEwan
on Sep 8, 2015 at 1:30:24 am

Hi Everyone! I too, need to repair my G2 ew 100s. I think my issue is the antennas are broken, I get interment cutting out and I have switched lav units many times (I have 3). Is that something Eric or Ty can help with and if so how much for repair? I will email Eric also but if anyone knows of a repair shop here in Denver that would be helpful also.

Thanks! Everett

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Oct 15, 2015 at 2:42:49 am

Yes on Trew audio . Fully pro shop. I have used them. Try to reach them by phone. Get name and email address and complain that you need to be contacted. They do good work. Busy.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]