FORUMS: list search recent posts

Use Sennheiser EW-100ENG G3 to record to phone?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allard DePallerd
Use Sennheiser EW-100ENG G3 to record to phone?
on Oct 9, 2014 at 12:07:45 pm

Hi guys,

I was wondering.. Is it possible to use the transmitter/receiver of my Sennheiser EW-100ENG G3 kit, to record the audio of a person giving a speech.. to a smartphone in his pocket?

The thing is, i could hook it up to my Canon 5D of course.. but I want his whole speech recorder.. and I will onlye be filmen short clips of his speech..

I want to phone to function as a recorder..

can this be done?

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Use Sennheiser EW-100ENG G3 to record to phone?
on Oct 10, 2014 at 2:55:01 am

Sure it can. Go from the RX 3.5mm output connector to whatever is the audio input on your phone with the appropriate connecting cable, adjust the levels, push the record button icon thingy on phone and hope for the best.

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Bill Bruner
on Oct 10, 2014 at 9:48:28 am
Last Edited By Bill Bruner on Oct 10, 2014 at 9:49:03 am

Hi Allard - the answer is yes - but you will need a 3 pole to 4 pole "TRS to TRRS" adapter like this $20 Rode Microphones SC4 3.5mm TRS to TRRS Adaptor for Smartphones & Tablet... to plug your 3.5mm output into your phone.

You will also need a recording app on your phone. If you have an iPhone, you can download the Rode Rec LE app for free on iTunes.

But, instead of wiring your speaker up with a lavalier, a transmitter, a receiver and a phone, you may want to consider buying a $40 lavalier with a 4-pole TRRS output and simply plugging the lav directly into the phone.

Hope this is helpful and good luck with your shoot!

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index

Allard DePallerd
on Oct 12, 2014 at 2:37:12 pm

Ah great, good to know!

Thanks guys

Return to posts index

Christian Frost
on Dec 9, 2015 at 2:07:45 pm

Hey Bill!

Thats wonderful, I would like to use the EW100 and iPhone combination as well, but to shoot video. So will I need the app, or just the cable and then plug the little buggers in?

Ive used them succesfully with a GoPro HERO 2, so I'm hoping it will be the same thing here.

Best,
Christian

Return to posts index

Ian Clowes
on Nov 2, 2016 at 10:03:38 pm

Hi, did you find a way of getting the G3 to be recognised by the iPhone as mic input?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]