FORUMS: list search recent posts

Poly audio problem with Edius, will an RME card work?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Van Harrison
Poly audio problem with Edius, will an RME card work?
on Oct 7, 2014 at 9:58:43 pm

Hey guys,

I recently posted the following to the Edius forum, but it doesn't look like anyone reads it, so I'm CCing all of you. Being audio pros, will this work? What can I do to solve my problem if it does not work?

Thanks in advance.

"Hey everyone,

I'm using Edius 7 to edit a new feature that uses 6 channel polymorphic audio, but Edius doesn't natively support poly audio. More often than naught, and only with some audio files, and not every time, the audio just plays as over-modulated. Noise, essentially. Does anyone know of any solution to this problem?

One solution I've heard of, but can't afford to look into if I'm wrong, is using an RME card such as the Hammerfall HDSP AES-32. In theory it communicates between Windows and Edius and will eliminate the issue I'm having (Reading the poly audio for Edius so it doesn't have to).

Any thoughts? Many thanks in advance."

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Poly audio problem with Edius, will an RME card work?
on Oct 10, 2014 at 9:55:30 pm

Hello Van and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Hard to believe that Grass Valley would be sporting a 4K software that doesn't do polywav files, but not impossible. (Shame on Them!)

Dump your tracks into Pro Tools separate them into individual tracks and export them so Edius can get a grip on them.

You might also try Sound Devices Wave Agent software to see if it will detach the files.

http://www.sounddevices.com/products/waveagent/downloads/

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]