FORUMS: list search recent posts

My new VO rig.

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
My new VO rig.
on Oct 7, 2014 at 8:34:30 pm

Since we sometimes discuss VO stuff here, I just changed my primary Voiceover rig. I'd bought an ASUS USB3 driven flat screen for use with my FCP X editing on the road - and realized that since it's so light and flat, I could rig it as a script monitor for my voiceover work. That led to me re-configuring my primary VO system. Typically, the rig will live in my VO booth, but for the photos, I rolled it out to the studio seamless. Runs up to 4 hours on batteries when I take it remote without the podium stand. Gone is all the rack gear and hardware of yesterday. Now just a good mic, an H4n acting as computer interface, and the Mac. I record directly into FCP X - use the Logic Core Audio plugins inside X as needed, and use the FCP X Voiceover Module to manage recordings. The LCD lets me scroll script copy and check for copy accuracy when editing. The Sock Monkey was my wife's addition (solo long form VO work can be lonely!) Trial run took place this week on a US Bureau of Land Management 15 page narration and both the recording and editing were super easy. Time (and gear!) marches on.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: My new VO rig.
on Oct 10, 2014 at 9:50:17 pm

I don't see any razor blades or editing blocks!

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: My new VO rig.
on Oct 11, 2014 at 6:21:23 pm

I would like to confess to sitting in the booth with the presenter, using a C391B - MTrack USB - laptop for yesterdays voice record.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]