FORUMS: list search recent posts

Senn G3 TX Display Blinks After Power Off

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Salyer
Senn G3 TX Display Blinks After Power Off
on Oct 4, 2014 at 5:19:14 pm

I'm checking batteries on my four sets Sennheiser G3 wireless for shoot tonight, and one transmitter's display blinks after powering off. I put in fresh batteries, and noted after a few moments the display back light display begins to blink every second. No information shows on the display. I "reset" in the menu and does not change. If I remove the batteries for a while, place them back in, without powering the unit on again, the back light begins to blink again. Any ideas? Will this effect performance, other than battery life?

Thanks, Tom, Miami

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Senn G3 TX Display Blinks After Power Off
on Oct 5, 2014 at 9:51:49 pm
Last Edited By Eric Toline on Oct 7, 2014 at 1:39:46 am

If there's nothing in the user manual about the blinking then I would call Sennheiser tech support in Connecticut. The number is 1-877-736-6434 ext 3

Eric

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Tom Salyer
Re: Senn G3 TX Display Blinks After Power Off
on Oct 17, 2014 at 2:49:37 pm

Non conclusive update:

After several days sitting on my desk the display blinking stopped, and a few days after that blinking would happen intermittently.

Sennheiser Tech Support sent me this reply:

" Usually when screen issues occur like that it's because something actually breaks inside the pack and the unit then needs repairs from us. I have never before heard of a pack doing that and then suddenly coming back to normal days later without an official repair, so I would say you should consider yourself pretty lucky in that sense that it came back to life on its own. Most likely there is a loose connection somewhere between the pack and the screen causing issues and performace to come and go randomly. Usually when that happpens to the screen the pack will still work, but you will not be able to change any settings or the operating frequency since you cannot see the menus. I'm sure at some point soon the screen will actually go out and stay out, in which case you would def. want to look into having us repair the unit for you."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]