FORUMS: list search recent posts

VideoMic Pro + Tascam DR05 (or any other recorder) = High Pitched Noise???

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Herold
VideoMic Pro + Tascam DR05 (or any other recorder) = High Pitched Noise???
on Sep 23, 2014 at 5:13:33 pm

Sorry if that is not the place.. Well, recently I bought this Tascam and the Rode VideoMic Pro (mono) for low budget speech recordings (AKA, started studying film).

When I plug the mic into the recorder, or in my D7000, or even directly on the PC, I receive this high pitched noise along with it.

I know it is not a professional mic, but my doubt is if this might literally be a defective unit, or another "natural" thing from the mic (i.e a 9V battery that is plugged into it for power causing interference)

I checked for interference from mobiles etc. and I am sure this is not the case. Also, as I said, I tested it on multiple recording devices.

So, should I request a replacement or I am doing something wrong...?

And... Without the Videomic Pro:

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: VideoMic Pro + Tascam DR05 (or any other recorder) = High Pitched Noise???
on Sep 24, 2014 at 4:50:41 pm

Daniel, you are aware that the Videomic Pro has three settings, and normally you will use the -20 setting, not the middle or right hand one? (I'm not in front of the mic right now). Is this something different than that problem? If so, it could be your unit is defective. But make sure it's not set too hot. It's very common and can really screw things up.

Al

Return to posts index

Daniel Herold
on Sep 25, 2014 at 3:54:19 pm

Yeah, well... I've paid attention to the gain switchers. I believe this is not the case. On all three levels the whining is on! Also with and without the high pass filter too. I have sent it to warranty service.. Let's see what they diagnose.

Also, what do you mean by "set too hot"? Do you mean set a high gain level?

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Sep 25, 2014 at 7:57:20 pm

Yes, I was talking gain. And since it was happening on all three gain switch settings, you are right in sending it back for repairs. I've done that once with a different RODE device, and they were fast and very responsive. I consider them great at customer service.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]