FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zoom H4n Headphone jack & Speaker

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Nguyen
Zoom H4n Headphone jack & Speaker
on Jul 23, 2014 at 3:09:30 am

Hi! I just got my Zoom H4n and I tried putting in my headphone jack to monitor audio but I don't hear anything as well as audio playback on my zoom h4n the speakers on the back of the zoom h4n is absent too. My headphones aren't broken because I tested it on my iPhone and it plays fine. Also, my volume level is at 100 on the Zoom H4n. Another thing is, when I press to hear the playback of my audio file I don't hear anything. What the problem? I put my sd card onto my macbook, dragged the audio clip out and played the audio file and I can hear it fine btw! Thank you!

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Zoom H4n Headphone jack & Speaker
on Jul 23, 2014 at 9:56:52 am

Are the signal level meters moving?
Is it set to MS mode? (it shouldn't be)
Was the recording done in Mono or Stereo or multi track mode?
Did you use the H4n mics or an external input into the recorder?
Is it set to multi track mode? Is so are the individual track levels turned up?
Are you using iPhone earphones? they have an extra ring on the 3.5mm plug which could be causing problems.
Did you get sound in the headphones when you were recording?

Return to posts index

David Nguyen
on Jul 23, 2014 at 3:05:41 pm

I have it on stereo mode. The MS matrix is off and I set the monitor mode on. I tried two headphones, one being an iPhone and the other a Sony one. Both has no sound coming out, however if i slowly turn the headphone 3.5mm it gives me a tiny sound of my playback audio, very low though! I have used a zoom h4n before and never had this problem, even using a iphone headphones i was able to monitor audio. Do you think the device is defective? Again, I dragged files onto macbook and it plays wonderfully :/

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
on Jul 23, 2014 at 11:00:15 pm

Sounds like a faulty one to me!!!!!!!!!!

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jul 24, 2014 at 6:48:07 am

Sounds faulty but don't use I phone headphones. They often have 4 poles which can cause havoc with audio kit.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Paolo Mantero
on Jul 24, 2014 at 10:56:14 am

As a long time user of the zoom H4n I've never had such issue in the past. Did you try to restore factory settings? What firmware is installed into your device?

Paolo Mantero
Director at Armonica Film Italy
http://www.armonicafilm.it/en/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]