FORUMS: list search recent posts

ADR/Vocal Recording Room Issue

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abhayadev Sankaran
ADR/Vocal Recording Room Issue
on Jun 23, 2014 at 6:28:16 am

Hi,
I have a small room - Length:5.5ft, Width:2.5ft, Height:6ft, where i do most of the vocal productions for ADRs and cover songs etc.

The room walls are 4inc brick walls on top of it i have a layer of glass fibre (4inch) and on top of it i have a layer of 1/2 inch gypsom board with cavities. all together this gives moderate absorption and isolation and i am happy with it. i havent done anything on the ceiling but have a 2inch think foam diffuser of 1ftx2ft pasted at the center of the 4inch concrete roof and this reduced much of the reflections caused by low-ceiling. Floor has a rubber mat to cover whole area.

In most cases my recording are ok(more luck with female voices) but with male voices the takes are not that good. some high frequency boosting/rings are heard and some metallic kind of tonal change happens some time.

I have a 21inch LCD on the wall which is directly behind the MX440 i use and it could be causing some reflection i guess and i am planning to put a foam panel behind the mic.

I am here to get some suggestions and inputs for betterment of the iso room so that i can have improvements in my recordings.

thanks in advance for your time and support

Regards,
Abhayadev S
http://astudios.in

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: ADR/Vocal Recording Room Issue
on Jun 23, 2014 at 7:07:25 am

I think it's just too small I'm afraid
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jun 23, 2014 at 11:08:14 am

Hello Abhayadev and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Can you please post some male and female audio so that we may hear your problems?

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Abhayadev Sankaran
on Jun 27, 2014 at 4:27:57 pm

Hi,

Please see the samples in the attachment shared here 7689_creativecowforumroomissue.zip

I have also attached some snaps of the ISO booth to understand the dimensions and the treatments. at the corner i have just placed a panel with eom coir fabric behind the cloth cover.

Thanks for your support,

Regards,
Abhayadev S
http://astudios.in

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]