FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rode Lavalier not working - am i dumb?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julius Miller
Rode Lavalier not working - am i dumb?
on Jun 20, 2014 at 3:04:54 am

Hi there

I just got a Rode Lavalier mic with the Micon 5 (xlr adaptor). I was under the impression I could just connect it straight to the XLR input on camera (HVR-V1p). I have turned the phantom power on the camera on but there is no signal. I know the inputs and phantom work cause I have tested them with other mic and use them all the time but the Rode lav does not want to play ball.

I have also tried to run it into my Zoom H4N with the same results (yes phantom is on).

Should it work like this or am I misled?

It does say in their website blurb that the Micon cable can be plugged into any wireless system (no mention of normal non-wireless). Surely this lav does not only work on wireless systems??

Thanks for any advice.

Julius

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Rode Lavalier not working - am i dumb?
on Jun 20, 2014 at 10:51:18 am

I've used about 20+ Rode Lav mics and they seem to have a poor failure rate on the Micon connectors. I had 3 faulty ones from new, but Rode are happy to replace them. Can you take it back to your supplier (if local) and get a replacement one?
If you can take your H4n along to check it works before you leave the store with the swap over.

Return to posts index

Timothy Tan
on Jun 24, 2014 at 5:10:26 am

Hi Julius,

Sorry to hear about your MiCon-5 issues. Have you been able to get a replacement from the store or our tech support?

If not, please create a support ticket at http://www.rodemic.com/request_service.

Kind Regards,
RØDE Microphones

Timothy Tan
Content & Community Manager
RØDE Microphones

Return to posts index

Julius Miller
on Jun 24, 2014 at 9:26:54 am

Thanks Timothy

I have sent it back to the store I purchased from. If I have any trouble getting a replacement I will contact you.

I have several Rode mice and have never had an issue so hopefully this is only a minor problem...

Many Thanks

Julius

Return to posts index

Julius Miller
on Jun 24, 2014 at 9:28:05 am

That was mics not mice….

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]