FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remuxing app for Zoom pairs

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren Roark
Remuxing app for Zoom pairs
on May 12, 2014 at 6:29:43 pm

Hello anyone and everyone,

I am working on a doc with around 2K interview clips with external sound recorded on a Zoom.

The issue I am having is that the naming convention on the Zoom separated the internal mic and the external as separate files that end in the letters I and M respectively.

With hundreds of these it makes it very tedious to highlight each one at a time. Is there an app that can automatically remux the pairs into one multitrack file?

Thanks so much if anyone has any ideas.

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Remuxing app for Zoom pairs
on May 12, 2014 at 10:56:54 pm

Welcome to split system DSLR video production........

That's why I like shooting to a video camera with its audio embeded into the video.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on May 13, 2014 at 3:34:27 am

Hello Darren and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Sorry, I don't but hopefully someone will surface with an answer.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 13, 2014 at 4:56:08 pm

You can do this inside X.

Make sure your Library is selected and it's display window is in the database view (looks like a spreadsheet -which is invoked by the 4th icon at the bottom of the Library and Event pane.)

Select ALL the audio clips you want to re-set (shift or control click as needed to select them as a batch)

Open the Inspector (second to the last icon in the center menu bar - on the right)

Set the Inspector to display the AUDIO attributes of the clips.

In the green Channel Configuration area in the inspector, twirl down the disclosure triangle to display all your audio tracks. You should have 4 of them. (You may need to set the mode to dual mono - depending on how you recorded the tracks) Then DISENGAGE the tracks you don't want.

That's how to undo the problem.

More importantly, WHY did someone set up the H4n in multi-track MUSIC mode? I presume whoever was in charge of this project understood that you were recording audio for video?

There are just so few field INTERVIEW situations where recording audio in that mode makes sense.

Still, that should fix things.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]