FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shure SM7 settings

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Prigge
Shure SM7 settings
on Apr 21, 2014 at 2:39:52 pm

I’m testing out a friend’s Shure SM7, not SM7a or SM7b, but an original SM7. On the back are two switches: bass roll off and presence boost. The switches can be either in the up position or the down position. I can’t figure out which way is on and which way is off. I assume that down is off and up is on. Shure’s two page user guide doesn’t give any indication. I could run some experiments, but I’m just curious before doing any tests. Anyone know for Shure, I mean sure?

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
Re: Shure SM7 settings
on Apr 21, 2014 at 3:26:54 pm

Tom,

In their attempt to keep the manual small, Shure have cleverly hidden where they show the switches. I did a Google search and found the manual. It took me a moment to find it, but just below the frequency diagram are three small circles showing how to set the switches for "Flat Response", "Bass Roll-off" and "Presence Boost". Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Tom Prigge
Re: Shure SM7 settings
on Apr 21, 2014 at 7:03:04 pm

Rob,

I found the full manual--in multiple languages even! I thought at first when I saw the diagram that the switches being either up or down made no sense, but then I realized what they were doing. Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I Shurely appreciate it.

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]